Thursday, July 23, 2009

How Many Calories Did I Burn Today?

Okay...today, I must admit was totally exhausting. Beginning at 9:00 am, the tile removal began officially. Two campus guys from church (Gordan and Paul) came over to help out. They were the hugest help ever! They got right to work moving out the furniture from the family room into the game room. I was so grateful - never a complaint from these guys and they stayed til it was done. Most of the tiles popped right up without any problems. We probably had them removed in about 2 1/2 hours...but some left chunks of "glue" on the floor. We spent another 4 hours removing the the bits that stuck. It was so brutal and my right arm and hand are sooo tired. But, we perservered and I think it's ready for the new look....if I could only decide which tile to put down. It's a big decision, right?
Now...you might be wondering what the first picture in this post is? I am so embarrased to say that is what was under the couch when the guys picked it up to move it. I knew I needed to take a photo. So gross!
Oh and lastly...the final pic in this post are two new recessed lights that are above the space where the fireplace was. I am so excited about that. Tomorrow, the ceiling gets a new look and the walls will begin. Have a great Friday!

No comments: