Life flies by and there's so many other things I'd rather do!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Day 3
Welcome back to Day 3 of the demolition in our home. You know they say that sometimes when getting things done, it will look worse before it gets better. Well, todays destruction doesn't look like much compared to the whole fireplace removal that took two days, but none the less, much progress was made. The hole in the roof is no longer there. We did contemplate just having a sky light put it - but decided that the Texas heat is just too much. While the ceiling was open, the electrician came and did some re-wiring. The old square glass ceiling lights are being replaced with updated "can" recessed lighting. 3 way switches were installed on two different sides of the family room (no more walking across the room to turn off the lights). The ceiling was patched and Matt ripped out more tile. We also removed a built-in book case that was right behind the refrigerator. The wall is being moved back about 6 inches so the fridge will be flush with the cabinets on the other side. So, stay tuned for more exciting demo days at the Rodgers home. I'll keep you posted.
I've been married for 19 years and have two amazing boys ages 15 1/2 and 12. We are super active in our church and oversee the 5th-8th grade ministries. I am a teacher and really enjoy the time I spend with co-workers and students. I like to do anything that keeps me from doing dishes and laundry. I especially like making paper crafts, decorating cakes, watching my kids play sports and hanging out with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment