Life flies by and there's so many other things I'd rather do!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Have You Met My Son - The Mouse?
Well...Jack is officially a High School Actor. It's been 10 weeks of school and his theater troupe has performed two shows. The first was Roald Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach". Jack played Mr. Trotter (James' father) and he was killed by a wild rhinocerus. 3 1/2 weeks later (and 15 rehearsals), they performed Roald Dahl's "The Witches". Jack played "Boy" who became an orphan in the first few lines and went to live with his Grandmother. She told him stories of witches - real witches - and how they lived like ordinary women. As the story goes on, poor "Boy" is turned into a mouse. Tonight was their 3rd performance. I saw this one (was manning the concession and ticket table for the first two shows)...but tonight was the best performance so far. The entire show was amazing and funny and I just loved watching Jack on stage. Above are a few pics (keep in mind the theater was dark and I didn't use a flash - so they are a little blurry). But, nonetheless, it was a fantastic event. Jack is loving theater and enjoying his new friends. They start rehearsing on Tuesday for their really big show...Roald Dahl's "Willy Wonka" (have you seen a pattern yet?)
I've been married for 19 years and have two amazing boys ages 15 1/2 and 12. We are super active in our church and oversee the 5th-8th grade ministries. I am a teacher and really enjoy the time I spend with co-workers and students. I like to do anything that keeps me from doing dishes and laundry. I especially like making paper crafts, decorating cakes, watching my kids play sports and hanging out with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment