Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall is in the Air!

It's nearing the end of October and the weather actually turned cool for a brief time over the weekend. I believe the low on Saturday was 52 and we were loving it. Our neighbors, Matt, Carrie and Avie, Rennee and Matthew, and family, Beth, Joel and Joshua, came over for some yummy homemade tortilla soup and pumpkin carving time. We gobbled up 2 recipes of halloween rice krispy treats, too. It was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the crisp air and swat mosquitos! The pumpkins turned out great. Matt carved the pirate ship, I made the window scene and Jack carved the spider. Bill took the photo - he did an awesome job. Sunday afternoon, I made a batch of candy corn kiss chocolate cookies. These are a spin off of the peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses. I got the idea from one of my favorite sites - The Idea Room. Check out her blog - I go there almost everyday.

This week will be quite busy. Jack has his upcoming performance of Roald Dahl's, The Witches, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He has the lead male role. I'm nervous - but he says they are totally ready. I can't wait for the show. Jack got his haircut this afternoon - it's nice to see his eyes again :) Matt has his first middle school dance on Friday night - Zombie Prom. How fun is that? We are starting the 10th week of school and Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. Bill has the Houston Skate Marathon this Sunday morning. He's been training hard. We'll let you know his time after the race. Hope you all have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like your pumpking the best! (No offense boys) And those cookies look great, did you save me any?