I thought it would be fun to show the progression of the boys over the years. Every year on the first day of school, I take their picture in front of the front door. I couldn't find every one of those pictures (but I will definitely dig through my stacks of photos to locate them all). But...I did want to post the 4 pics that I did find.
Edited to add: Yeah!! I found more pics of the first day of school. These were from waaay back and I had to scan them in. I'm still looking for the missing 4 pics - but I'm so happy nonetheless....

Here's Jack on his first day of Kindergarten. He looked so handsome!

Here's 1st grade. Now...what a charmer! Spiked hair and sunglasses. He still has those tall socks!

Now, this is sweet. Matt's first day of Pre K and Jack heading out the door to 2nd grade. Matt sure did have a lot of spiderman stuff!

Above is the day that Matt went to Kinder and Jack was in 3rd grade. I need to remind him of his "tall sock" phase. He wouldn't be caught dead in socks that went above the ankle now. Also...notice the progression of the door mats and the floor. I thought that was pretty interesting too.

Fast forward two years...here's Matt going into 2nd grade and Jack going into 5th grade. Jack didn't wear shorts that whole year - didn't like his legs showing. And that hair on both of them - so 1970s!

This picture shows Matt going into 5th grade and Jack going into 8th grade. I like to see how they compare to the top of the door. They are growing like weeds.

Our final picture was taken yesterday - the first day of school 2009! Matt's first day of middle school and Jack's first day of High School. Yes I cried the night before. I realized that the first day of kindergarten is nothing compared to this high school thing...and before I know it...4 years will go by and we'll be moving Jack into his UT dorm.
I love these boys! They make me so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment