Last Thursday was the Cornerstone Winter Concert. One never knows what entertainment is in store - but I have to say - I think this was my favorite one so far. First, the band started the evening off with 3 songs: "You are the Sunshine of my Life", "Jingle Bell Rock" and the most famous Christmas song ever, "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson (insert sarcastic tone). But...all 3 songs were fantastic and for a bunch of kids who had never picked up an instrument before September, they sounded really good. The players all donned white glittery gloves during their tribute to Michael Jackson. The band director even did the moon walk. It was really fun. The theater kids followed with 5 songs they performed "choir" style and they were amazing. And to wrap up the night, the dance class dazzled us with 4 separate routines that were well choreographed. Matt doesn't think he will pursue the trumpet past this one semester, but he did give it a try and enjoyed his time learning something new. We are grateful we were in the audience for his first and his last band concert. I'll post the video of "Billy Jean" just as soon as I pull it off the camera.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment